[Archers] Gwyntarian Winter Challenge

Garth Groff sarahsan at embarqmail.com
Fri Mar 17 02:13:24 PDT 2017

Noble Friends of the Bow,

The Gwyntarian Winter Challenge will end in mid-April, so there is less
than a month left to shoot this interesting course and post your scores.
At the moment, Atlantia is represented by 20 archers out of 157
participants, with 8 in the top 20! That's an impressive showing.

The shoot requires a 16" FITA target (same as our Royal Round target,
just smaller), which is easy to find at most archery shops or can be
purchased online. The other two targets are easy to make. I used strips
of duct tape on a piece of cardboard for the slot target. The strips
should be 2", but duct tape is 1 7/8", so allow a bit extra width by
lining the strips with a thick Sharpie. The 8.5" target was made from a
paper plate with a red central ring colored in with a marker. The ring
is 4", and it turned out that a plastic lid from a sour cream container
was a perfect template.

Everything you need to know about this shoot can be found at
http://web.raex.com/~obsidian/wint.html . There is a direct link on our
Kingdom Archery page.

I urge you all to give this really enjoyable shoot a try.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir TA MIC