[Archers] Crown

JAMES FRAILEY seamusmcray at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 04:56:24 PDT 2017

There will not be Archery at Crown Tournament. I am going to share a note from our King:

Good Afternoon:
Before this becomes a thing,  I wanted to clarify.  I felt bad that we got so busy at Coronation that we didn’t pick an archery champion and offered to make up for it with a competition at any event chosen by consensus of the archers.  I was communicating directly with the DEM Archery.  Crown was ONE possibility, but originally there was going to be no archery at the crown site (the crown site being a backup to the original site that we lost).  To have archery there, the site owner has to cut a side lawn mowing deal with his neighbor to use his field.  It is frankly an imposition but one he was willing to undertake if the consensus was to have the shoot at Silver Leaf during Crown.  The feedback we got from the archers through the DEM was that Crown was not ideal and so we decided to use the results of Royal Archer as a basis for choosing our champion.  Your message to the archers, while concise (to say the least) might give some archers the idea that a) there was always going to be archery at Crown and b) that we have pulled the rug out from under them, thereby deepening the hole we dug by forgetting to select an archery champion in the first place.  Please share this message in full with the archers so as to avoid any further misunderstandings.

Thank you,

Cuan
King

Sent from Mail for Windows 10