[Archers] St. Sebastians 8 for Pennsic next year

jaynardone at comcast.net jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 18:01:39 PDT 2016

Good evening my Brothers and Sisters of the Bow! I cant believe we are at this time already, feel like we just left Pennsic! But the time for planning for next years shoot is here. SO.....Last year was very disappointing with regards to help for the shoot, we continue to have the same 6 or 7 marshals that stay out ALL day long to make sure the shoot happens because we are short help. Marshals who were allowed to shoot in the morning just simply left and never showed to relieve marshals who worked. This is no way to run the premier shoot in the Known World! I am not inclined to continue this shoot if we can get proper support for it.

With that said we need 30+ marshals to pull this shoot off, also I am looking for the marshal coordinator once again that is responsible for scheduling and managing marshals during the shoot. I know if I ask what the level of interest is in the Kingdom I will get a ton of "yeah, lets do it" im ready, etc..." responses but when it comes time to sign up marshals where are they? So this year I am not going to ask, I am simply going to just start taking names and if early next year we don't have enough, I will pull the plug. I would rather not do the shoot than do a shoddy job or burn out those that have been there year after year.

Also I was not asked to match a theme so think about a theme we can use this year. We have already done; Monty Python, Macabre animals, D&D, Period Creatures.

So lets kick this off, I know it is a long way off but it is never too early to plan!

Thank you all for a successful 7 years so far!! Could never do it without you all!!!