[Archers] Restringing Crossbow

Garth Groff sarahsan at embarqmail.com
Tue Jul 12 06:07:31 PDT 2016

Noble Friends of the Bow:

The serving on my Siegfried crossbow string has parted right where the
string rides along the track. The string itself will be next, so I've
had to set the weapon aside. I have a really thick (maybe about 30
strands!) extra string that came with my earlier New World Arbelist bow.
It is about 3/4" shorter than the failed string, as compared to it in
the mounted position. I'm thinking this would probably stretch out some
once it is mounted. Would this be safe to use? I am well aware that
replacing the string will require a special harness. Who does this sort
of work? Can anyone offer any further advice?

Yours Aye,

Mungo