[Archers] Shameless plug for support

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Sun Sep 20 09:00:36 PDT 2015

Fellow Archers of Atlantia,

Our Friends Of The Bow in Trimaris have set the date for their Trimarian
Archery Day, January 15-17, 2016.  It will be held at Camp Seoule in
Clearwater, Florida (a suburb of Tampa though they would never admit to
that!).  This site has amazing potential and a great feast hall.  One of the
main organizers of this shoot, Lady Katerina, will be in attendance at WoW
should you also be attending WoW and have any questions for her.

Grimm, Colum and myself attended last year's TAD and had a great time.  If
you can put this event on your calendar it is worth it.  As the site is
literally in Clearwater there are many hotel options nearby should you
choose not to camp.  The camping facilities are nice though.  The site is a
Boy Scout camp and has leantoos, three sided structures, that can serve as a
common area for your camp should you desire.

Personally I am very happy to hear that TAD is alive and well.  In my
delusional days, OK, I still have them!, I had hoped for a TAD, SAAD and a
NAAD, but now we also have a MAAD.  After a few years of these events we
could have a Blue and Grey shoot wherein the archers of the north shot
against the archers of the south in a fun filled, friendly competition.  I
still harbor this delusion......  HOWEVER, the Blue and Grey shoot could
then, perhaps, evolve into the Known World Archery Day, KWAD, where the best
of the best of the known world could compete for the Known World Archer
Champion.  If you are in support of the Valiance proposal think what this
could do to promote and move that proposal forward to potential reality by
showing the SCA archery community as a unified community.  Just saying...

Cog

Filled with a lot but, hopefully, ideas...............