[Archers] EQ / TA archery

Kent Baldwin whitegrifn at aol.com
Tue Oct 13 19:30:29 PDT 2015

Greetings All,

Lady Alienor, the KEO, has asked me to assist her in interfacing with the
Archery community.

So I'd like to clarify something about the EQ class Lord Janyn mentioned in
his post, for those who might not be aware of it.  The class that Alienor
was referring to in her discussions with Janyn, Gaston & Otto is not an EQ
Marshals class, but it is their Equine Safety Class, also referred to as
Cavalry 101 or the "Liability Class".  The purpose of this class is to
ensure that everyone interacting with horses, or even being in close
proximity to them during equestrian activities, is familiar with proper
safety protocols, and that they avoid any actions that could endanger the
riders or horses (If you're not familiar with horses, you may be surprised
at what innocuous little things can spook a horse).

Atlantian Policy, Para.3.5.4.5.1 states: "Anyone who plans to step out onto
the Cavalry list field while horses are present or in the callforward area
must complete a ground crew authorization.  This authorization consists of
successful completion of the liability class and any other requirements
deemed necessary by the KEO."

This applies to the EQ TA Range as well, which means that in order to
marshal (or assist in marshalling) an EQ TA shoot, you must have a Ground
Crew authorization.  The process is fairly simple, and can typically be
completed in about an hour or so.

Note that this authorization is not required in order to inspect EQ TA
equipment or to set up or inspect the range, as long as no horses are
present at the time, so any warranted TA marshal would be able to perform
those functions.  Of course, the goal is to have enough warranted TA
marshals within the equestrian community to handle all of the needs for EQ
TA, but until then, they will appreciate the assistance of any TA marshal
who is willing to help in whatever capacity they can.

YIS,

Sir Tnek the Ainissestor