[Archers] Attn: Teaching Marshals

jaynardone at comcast.net jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Apr 27 11:27:11 PDT 2015

Good afternoon everyone, I wanted to get the word out to all of our teaching marshals. I have noticed this year that on a few occasions now MiT's I have personally watched have not been properly executing in how to properly call the line, handle archers on the line or potential hazard avoidance. I am not finger pointing at our teaching marshals in any way but I want to stress to each of you the importance of making sure those MiT's understand their responsibilities and how to properly use the standard set of line calls; "archers to the line", "Archers ready?", "loose, hold" etc....

I have seen MiTs using go, stop, okay, alright, etc and it confuses everyone on the line. Also the safety check "CLEAR DOWN RANGE?" is just that. It is a shout down range to potential safety issues, not just for the people on the line. The new marshals need to assure they are projecting downrange as well in case there is anyone down there...

Please in your classes make sure you stress the safety aspects and the proper way to do things. I know they are learning and we were all new at some point, hell Im still a newbie, or so Im told :P

It is our job to assure they learn properly.