[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 132, Issue 5

Michael michaelstuart at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 19:34:59 PDT 2014

Greetings Lord Mungo,

More information indeed. Apparently Bear bows can be dated by their
medallion; there is a photo on the page at
http://archeryfreaks.weebly.com/what-year-is-your-bear-archery-bow.html
that shows the medallions used in different years along with some other
relevant information about them. I turned this up a few years ago when a
friend inherited about a dozen Bear bows that had belonged to his
grandfather; we were able to order new strings and make arrows to get them
back in use. I believe these bows were the top archery technology of their
day, and his were all in nearly new condition despite being older than I am.

Eirik Gralokkr