[Archers] Ben Pearson Bows

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 15:01:28 PDT 2014

Mungo,
What a find!  I have an all wood bow that came to me because the riser was
separating.  I fixed it and the original owner didn't really want it back (I
also made him a dozen arrows for no charge).  I was told it was a lemon wood
Ben Pearson as there were no markings on the bow.  With your reference I
found what appears to be that bow, or at least very similar bows.  Turns out
it is 1940's vintage.  How cool is that? It draws about 30 pounds and I
backed it with snake skin for effect.  It's very cool and now I know the
approximate year of its creation.

Thanks,
C:-)g