[Archers] Thank you!

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Tue Feb 25 05:32:39 PST 2014

Awww,  Jay, and everyone who has congratulated me - thank you SO much.  Just promise to smack me up side the head if I get a swollen head from this.

A special shout-out to Grim for making the MOST AMAZING MEDALLION ON EARTH.  Yes, that is the official title of that medallion, already coveted in at least 3 kingdoms. (See it on Grimm's or my Facebook account - under Lorelei Elkins, plus the other amazing stuff people made).

I also want to thank my archery guard!  How cool is that!  Baron Colum, Lord Miles, Lord Ivar and Lord Naran escorted me into court, with Baroness Brianna holding the beautiful box containing the medallion.  And from my Household, the ever talented and masterful Lord Christophe (who did an amazing leather work book for me), the gracious Lady Eleanor who did that unbelievable scroll, the skillful Lady Audrey (who made an amazing cloak and hood, and Lord Tom who no doubt took the back seat while she finished them, the multi-talented Lady Annora (who did an OMG needle point pelican, the joyful Taylorwood Ladies, Lady Ceridwen & Lady Lynden (who both made a beautiful banner of my Arms), and my awesome Baron & Baroness Sine and Oshi, and Camilo who did the food, and those who spoke for me in Court: Mistress Rosalind, Master Andreas, Countess Keri, Sir Sinclair.

I know there were others involved too, and I thank you as well.  You all did such a good job of keeping this quite.  Wow.

Sorry this was so long winded, but I wanted to give a public thanks to these folks in particular.  Mostly, I am thankful for being in this community, and also to my husband who introduced me to the SCA and continues to be amazingly encouraging and offers every support I can possibly imagine, and doesn't hesitate to tell me, "No, that would be a really bad idea." when needed.

Okay, enough already.

Mistress Lorelei Greenleafe