[Archers] 15th Century Archer Portrait

Garth Groff sarahsan at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 14 13:11:32 PST 2014

M'Lord Barre,

My suspicion about the shafts is that they are probably all about the
same length, but were arranged in sort of a "cascade" effect by the
painter for ease of execution, or to better show that they are arrows.
Fletches all bunched together might be a painters mess.

I'm not sure about helical fletch. Possible, but I can see that well
anymore.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, Just Back from the 18th Century at Colonial Williamsburg