No subject

Wed Apr 2 12:34:43 PDT 2014

all his spiffy new toys,

As the developer of the current Scorekeeper's site, I
wanted to give you all some information
regarding the site and supporting software.  I'll do my
best to keep this to the facts and send my
opinion on the discussion in a later post.

1) The number of entries.  So far the scores database
has not even caused the software to break a
sweat.  Currently there are less than two thousand
entries in the database, while the software can
easily handle into the hundreds of thousands of
entries.  Right now the number of entries is not a
problem, though somewhere in the future (probably 3~5
years) it may become an issue.

2) The amount of drive space.  While I don't have
access to the actual number, judging by my
server at home the database should still be using less
than 1 MB of space, still very small by any
standard.

3) The number of scores per day.  While having more
scores is a good thing so that when one
score expires from your average there is another there
to take its place, and hopefully not drop your
average too far.  Having more than three scores in a
day does not help your average at all.  For
example; you shoot 5 scores one day.  The highest three
scores would be used for your average,
the fourth and fifth scores could never be part of your
average because they would expire at the
same time as the three higher scores that were shot the
same day.  So the extra two scores would
always just take up space and never be included in your
average.

In Service to the Dream
Jonathas

P.S. I hope I successfully kept my opinions out of this
post.....