[Archers] Royal round Rules

Grimm grimm at grimmsfield.com
Mon Oct 7 14:39:49 PDT 2013

Maybe it me, and I am sorry if it seems like I am beating a dead horse but I
still am unclear on a legal royal round score. The kingdom rules for royal
rounds state:

1.	The rules in Section III shall govern the scoring of the Royal
Round.

1.	For Royal Round scores to be eligible for submission to the
Scorekeeper, they must be witnessed and recorded by a warranted Atlantian
archery marshal.
2.	Royal Rounds may be scored anywhere, anytime, an Atlantian archery
marshal is present to witness/record it.
3.	A marshal may witness scores for him/herself.

Yet in the handbook it states:

A Warranted Target Archery Marshal with one witness present for scores to be
official (two people minimum). The witness needs to be an SCA Member in good
standing and be able to discuss the Target Archery Scoring System if asked
by the Deputy Earl Marshal or a Deputy at some point in the future

And you have stated:

"As long as we are following our rules of 2 people present and one of them
being a marshal, I'm good."

When I became a marshal, I asked several long time marshals if I could go to
a range as a marshal, shoot and record a Royal round score and was told that
this was OK.

Now according to the handbook I need a witness and he or she must be a
member in good standing

Does this mean as per the handbook, that if I and a newcomer who is a
non-member shoot royal rounds together, they cannot count?.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.

Grimm