[Archers] Waivers for archery ranges

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Mon May 20 17:22:24 PDT 2013

Aye!

-----Original Message-----
From: Jay Nardone <jaynardone at comcast.net>
To: archers <archers at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org>
Sent: Mon, May 20, 2013 5:39 pm
Subject: [Archers] Waivers for archery ranges

Good evening everyone, I wanted to take a minute to clarify a couple of things. I have talked with a few marshals and want to make this point very clear about range waivers. Also I would ask that in future emails you refrain from sending me notes like “I never heard when this changed” or “Since you changed this…” If you don’t come to Unevent or participate in online discussions some things might have changed depending on need without you realizing, this in no way means I waved my arms, spread chicken blood across my back yard and used smoke and mirrors to change rules just to make someone upset. (I fully expect to now get multiple funny emails from COG :P)

Okay so the topic of waivers….I will make this very clear that I am fully against them. No piece of paper will ever make an unsafe range safe and I stand by that. The rules were changed to provide additional space around our archery ranges and I in no way think that is a bad thing. I know some of you are against this and that is alright but we will operate within the rules and ranges will be setup according to our rules. If a site can’t support the range guidelines I want a request in writing and pictures of the proposed range early enough to make an educated evaluation. Even then I will most likely deny the request because I won’t “shoe horn” archery into areas it doesn’t belong.

So let’s take the time to assure we are being safe, work early with your autocrats and help educate them on our needs as well. Also please remember my push this year is to try to pull archery closer to the main event with us always being in the back forty where no one except the wildlife sees us! Kingdom archery was a great example of a safe range that was right near the building and where spectators can cheer us on.

Okay off my soapbox and back to arrow making and casting….