[Archers] Waivers for archery ranges

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon May 20 14:39:36 PDT 2013

Good evening everyone, I wanted to take a minute to clarify a couple of
things. I have talked with a few marshals and want to make this point very
clear about range waivers. Also I would ask that in future emails you
refrain from sending me notes like "I never heard when this changed" or
"Since you changed this." If you don't come to Unevent or participate in
online discussions some things might have changed depending on need without
you realizing, this in no way means I waved my arms, spread chicken blood
across my back yard and used smoke and mirrors to change rules just to make
someone upset. (I fully expect to now get multiple funny emails from COG :P)

Okay so the topic of waivers..I will make this very clear that I am fully
against them. No piece of paper will ever make an unsafe range safe and I
stand by that. The rules were changed to provide additional space around our
archery ranges and I in no way think that is a bad thing. I know some of you
are against this and that is alright but we will operate within the rules
and ranges will be setup according to our rules. If a site can't support the
range guidelines I want a request in writing and pictures of the proposed
range early enough to make an educated evaluation. Even then I will most
likely deny the request because I won't "shoe horn" archery into areas it
doesn't belong.

So let's take the time to assure we are being safe, work early with your
autocrats and help educate them on our needs as well. Also please remember
my push this year is to try to pull archery closer to the main event with us
always being in the back forty where no one except the wildlife sees us!
Kingdom archery was a great example of a safe range that was right near the
building and where spectators can cheer us on.

Okay off my soapbox and back to arrow making and casting..