[Archers] MiT's and their sponsors

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Sat May 18 20:34:39 PDT 2013

Good evening everyone, it is probably much too late for me to be sending
this but I wanted to take a minute tonight to send a reminder to all MiT's
and their sponsors. It seems there is still confusion among our teaching
marshals and our MiTs about the process so I am going to make a flow chart
that everyone can follow. I will include it in our course hand-outs and the
Target Archery Handbook.

At today's Kingdom Championship, I was given 2 MiT forms and it seems that
both MiTs seemed to be confused on how to proceed. On top of that one of the
MiT's did not have their sponsor sign as their sponsor to assure they are
ready. Instead of punishing the MiTs I talked with them and accepted their
applications but want to state very clearly a few points to our teaching
marshals:

1.       Please make sure when you teach your classes you use the marshal
sign in sheets from the Earl Marshal's pages and send me a copy within one
week after the class is taught. Do not send me an email with information, I
want a scanned or copied copy of the original sign in sheet. Also if all of
the MiTs information is not on the sign in sheet is not on that form, they
will not be added into our system.

2.       MiT's need to have a sponsor that will help them through their MiT
process and vouch for them to me at the end of their training period. It is
not simply help at 3 events and you are a marshal. I need to know that you
are ready and capable of being a marshal. If there is not a signature from
your sponsor on your form, I will reject it until I talk with them or get a
signature.

3.       The test does not need to be sent to me. The intent was for you as
an MiT to take the test and discuss any issues with your sponsor. It is
solely based on our rules so you should be able to pass it with no issues
before becoming a marshal.

4.       When you send me your completed MiT forms, you need to 2 do things:

a.       Go to the Earl Marshal's page and update your info, put in the
notes box that you completed your MiT training. Sir Otto will ask me if I
agree and I will vouch for you.

b.      Get me your forms and I will go into our archery page and grant your
warrant to be a marshal and update your class date in the system.

If you have any questions please ask.