[Archers] British Longbow Society Shoot

Kent Baldwin whitegrifn at aol.com
Sat Mar 30 13:31:09 PDT 2013

They don't have a website, but I can provide contact info:

For reservations & information, contact Jay Gaynor at (757) 220-7525, or
P.O. Box 1177 Williamsburg, VA 23187.  Reservations are requested by Monday,
April 29.

The shoot will be held at New Quarter Park in Williamsburg VA.  The Park is
at the end of Lakeshead Drive.  After entering the park, look for vehicles
parked in a field to your right.  The event opens with breakfast on site at
9:00 AM Saturday; first arrows at 10:00 AM.  All of the official activities
are held on Saturday, and there is an informal shoot on Sunday.

The primary shoot will be what they refer to as a Metropolitan Round for the
Gentlemen (30 arrows at each of 100, 80, 60, 50 & 40 yds); and an Albany
Round for the Ladies (30 arrows at each of 60, 50, 40, 30 & 20 yds).  There
will also be a wand shoot.

Shooters are encouraged to wear historical costume (medieval, 18th century,
or Victorian/Edwardian), or to wear green and/or white.  (Most are typically
not in garb, other than the SCAdians.)

There is a shooter's fee of $30.00; and for those who wish, Breakfast, Lunch
& other refreshments/sodas are provided for an $18.00 fee.  Membership in
the British Longbow Society is not required to participate.  For membership
information, you can contact Dan Caldwell at dlc2115 at earthlink.net

There will also be a Dinner & awards ceremony at the Shields Tavern in
Williamsburg Saturday evening, for those who wish to attend.  Pricing is by
entree.

I know that the fees are a bit more than what we are used to for SCA events,
but I think it is worth it to try something different meet new people, and
make new contacts.  I have been going for the last three years.

Tnek

  _____