[Archers] Summer SSAC Vote

Jonathas Jonathas at RedFoxDen.org
Fri Jun 7 07:22:16 PDT 2013

Greetings All,

Some of you have discovered the Society Seasonal Archery Challenge (SSAC)
which is a SCA wide version of Atlantia's Seasonal Challege that is being
championed by Sir Jon (the original creator of the IKAC).  Just as our old
Seasonal Challenge was fun in that it is a standardized shoot such that you
can shoot against people from the other end of the Kingdom, yet it changes
every few months, the SSAC allows the same but across the entire SCA.

The shoots are chosen by a straight up vote from the list or previously
Proposed Shoots, and the poll for the Summer SSAC Season (July 1 - Sept 30)
is now available and will be open for the next week or so.  If you enjoy
putting your two cents in (naw no one in this crowd does that!!) this is
where money can actually make a difference. The current shoot was selected
by the votes of a mere 19 people with only 8 voting for the shoot which
won.  Please take a moment to read about all the shoots and then vote.  You
need to join the SCA-Archery Yahoo group before you can vote.

Proposed Shoots
Blunts Competitive:
http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=126
Double Royal Round:
http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=106
Five Pillars:
http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=127
Lucky Target:
http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=169
Nottingham: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=170
Popinjay: http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=105
Random Distance:
http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=171
Random Stance:
http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=172
Tir Beursault:
http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_rules.php?R=25&Shoot=108

If you have questions about these shoots please feel free to ask them via
the SCA-Archery group.  If you have ideas for shoots for future seasons
please email them to me and I will get them added to the list of 'Proposed
Shoots' for the Fall Season.

Looking forward to a good long distance summers shoot!
Jonathas