[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 118, Issue 6

Siegfried siegfried at crossbows.biz
Fri Jul 5 09:21:11 PDT 2013

On 7/5/13 10:32 AM, John Atkins wrote:
> Not to split the hair but, does Pennsic count only for one MIT session
> or one per day an individual MIT's?

Traditionally, each shift at Pennsic would be counted as '1 event'.
Because of the massive amount of experience you get by working just 1
shift at Pennsic.

That was just the 'tradition' though, it's up to Janyn how he wants to
handle it at the moment.

Janyn wrote:
>     Someone was claiming that if an MiT lived in South Carolina they
>     needed to
>     help at an event in NC or VA for it to count. I disagree and have never
>     heard of this prior to our conversation.

Janyn, this most likely comes from the other disciplines, such as
Heavy/Rapier ... where this is listed as a requirement.

By the book of law, section 3.1.3.1.7 .... It states that for a MIT to
become a Marshal.   You must apprentice at 4 events.  2 must be outside
your group, and 1 must be outside your region.

It's the latter statement that meant that a South Carolina person had to
come to the north, or vice versa.

Unfortunately, the rules as they are currently written, are generic and
meant to apply to to 'all marshals', but are specifically written with
Heavy/Rapier in mind.  For example, they also state that one of  the
events must include Melee Combat, something that obviously doesn't
matter to Target Archers.

So, it's always been that those rules were the 'base', but that each
deputy could modify them as needed.  And hence the Target Archery
marshal, would decide to only require 3 events, not require an 'out of
region', and waive the melee rule ;)

Barun Siegfried Sebastian Faust, OP - Baron Highland Foorde - Atlantia