[Archers] Mit Training locations

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Thu Jul 4 08:57:28 PDT 2013

Good afternoon my Brothers and Sisters of the bow and Happy Independence
Day!

I was talking with Christophe and he raised a very good and valid question
to me about what "out of local group" means as far as your 3 events for an
MiT. It seems there are some differing opinions of what "out of your local
group" means to us the heavies, etc..

As I told COG, when I was back in my MiT days, "out of local group" meant
outside of my local Barony, shire, etc.. This is the way I teach all of my
classes and this is the understanding I have passed along to our marshal's.
Someone was claiming that if an MiT lived in South Carolina they needed to
help at an event in NC or VA for it to count. I disagree and have never
heard of this prior to our conversation. The idea was always to get our
MiT's to get out of their comfort zone and work with other marshal's and
groups. I will accept this as always, for your requirements. So remember one
in your local group and 2 outside of that group. Pennsic counts for one
event outside of your group.