[Archers] MiT Progress and Forms

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Feb 25 17:14:13 PST 2013

Good Evening again to all of our Atlantian archers! I just wanted to explain
the MiT process as some of the questions I am getting are making me think
that not everyone is tracking with the process and requirements. The process
is explained in the new Target Archery Handbook posted on the Atlantia
Archery page. To become a MIT, you must first take the Marshal's class by a
listed and approved instructor. Once you take the class, your instructor
will submit the class roster to me and you as the MiT can update your
information on the Earl Marshal's page, please put in the notes section
*took the Archery Marshal's class*

Once I get the roster and see your information update, I will send word to
the DEM of the list to add you to the MiT roster. From that point on you
will have 12 months to complete your training and requirements or you will
need to start over, we don't want MiTs that are in the program for years
with changing rules and direction. You are required to assist at 3 separate
events, 2 of them need to be out of your local group or Kingdom. Pennsic
will count as one event. One thing I am also seeing is some of you are
missing that you will need a sponsor that will act as your mentor and in the
end recommend and sign off to me that you are ready and have completed your
training. Just because you have completed your training does not
automatically mean you are ready to marshal, I will want to hear from your
sponsor that they think you are ready.

If you have any questions, please feel free to let me know. It is a fun and
rewarding process and we can always use the help!