[Archers] Unevent Combat Archery notes

Gordon Kinnie am_piobaire at comcast.net
Mon Dec 9 09:33:15 PST 2013

Good day everyone, here are the notes from the Combat Archery session at
Unevent.

First, we had very successful year. Thank you for your help.

Safety is our primary concern.
  We had only one major incident which I will explain.  At WOW, the marshals
for the heavy armored combat were offered eye protection.  Apparently, some
of them did not use it and one marshal was struck in the face with a
deflected piece of ammo.  NO INJURY was reported.
THIS IS UNEXCEPTIBLE.  By Society and Atlantia rules, all marshals on the
field with Combat Archery MUST wear eye protection. If you see this
happening, combat must be stopped.  The marshal must put on eye protection
if available or Combat Archery must be removed from the scenario.  Please be
vigilant in enforcing our safety rules.

Reports are required for all events that have Combat Archery.  If you are
the CA marshal of an event, file a report. Please tell me how many CA
archers were in attendance and any issues that came up.  Also, please
provided the report to the MIC of the event.

We also discussed the following.
- PENNSIC.  Total of 4 CA marshals from Atlantia helped at inspection point.
Thank you.  If you go to Pennsic please offer a little time.
 We had 27 bows inspected for the war.  We fielded about 20 archers and were
very effective on the battle field.

- I have named my Emergency DEM, Achbar ibn Ali.

- Soon we will have our own CA mailing address.

- I reminded the CA marshal of an event to please make sure they understand
and have the rules with them at any event they are marshaling.

- I expect to make it to the next University and teach some CA classes.

We have had a good year, many new Combat Archers. Please work with them to
make sure they learn and understand tactics and combat conventions.  I am
looking forward to a great new year and many battles.

 Godai Katsunaga