[Archers] ATLatl discussion and rules completion

deedee Mail deallac at juno.com
Mon Aug 5 14:56:55 PDT 2013

Janyn,

Without too much digging, I thought the earlier discussions had indicated no
timed end.  From what I have experienced and seen (especially at the 'new'
atlatl range at Pennsic this year), timed ends could not only be messy, but
possibly dangerous.  AtlAtls do have more of a chance of misfire when
rushed.

As a side note for AtlAtls, if anyone has friends in other kingdoms, keep
pushing for its inclusion under archery, rather than thrown weapons
(despite its inclusion with TW in the ikac type department)
We have been very welcoming of its inclusion on the archery side, but
others still need that push. :)

Dealla

Sent from my iPad