[Archers] REALLY BIG X-bow Bolt

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Wed Apr 3 16:09:49 PDT 2013

Good point.  My readings refer to light and heavy crossbows.  A light crossbow would be the type we use in the SCA.  Heavy would be the ones with prods in the several hundred pound range usually cocked with a crankin or other device.  The heavies were usually used in siege a opposed to field battles.

Cog who still prefers a hand bow...........................
Sent from my iPad