[Archers] PVC bows

Michael michaelstuart at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 10:45:02 PDT 2012

I have not seen one in person, but I expect that if the issue is
embrittlement due to UV then requiring them to be painted might take
care of the issue. Strapping tape on the back (reinforcement as we do
with combat arrows) also could be effective. All kinds of bows will
break, and I'm not sure we should worry any more about these than we
do already with other bow materials.

That said, a part of me doesn't like the idea of more plastic
equipment on the range. With functional wooden bows available online
for $100 why would we want to take another step toward a LARP look?
Though I suppose paint could help address this as well.

Just my opinions...

Ld. Eirik Gralokkr