[Archers] Safety Warning

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Sun Sep 2 10:54:41 PDT 2012

Good morning everyone, I just wanted to take a minute and preach a little to
everyone. As some of you know and some might not, Lord Seamus while
preparing the range was attempting to pull a stick from the ground, was hit
in the eye by a piece of that stick and is now recovering at home with a
severely  scratched cornea. As someone that has also been through this years
ago, I will attest it was the most pain I have ever encountered in my life
above broken bones and ruptured discs in my back. So my point to all of my
Marshal's is please take a minute to wear safety protection for your eyes,
hands, etc..

I wanted to pass along now that I am required to wear glasses for distance
(old fart..), I have a pair of sports glasses that are actually rated as
ANSI safety glasses. They are extremely comfortable, light and well built
and are very inexpensive. They are made by liberty sport and most
ophthalmologist's carry them. I think my pair was roughly ~ $100. I will be
getting another set at my next visit. They are not period but I don't wear
them in court.

So please take the time to protect yourselves, these kinds of things are a 1
in a million chance, and it looks like we are on the wrong side of those
odds!