[Archers] Youth Target Archery Marshal Program

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Tue Nov 20 16:15:27 PST 2012

Good evening everyone, I'm pleased to report that we have our first youth
marshal in our program. The reason I'm posting is not to gloat about this
but there were a few very good questions asked and I wanted to post about
this so that you understand what is required for our youth. Here are a few
of the specifics for the program:

1.       Youth must be between 13-18 years old

2.       Youth must have a sponsoring and mentoring marshal ( I will need
these sponsors to email me and let me know they are acting to sponsor a
youth for the program)

3.       Youth must attend the Target Archery marshal's class prior to
helping on the range

4.       Sponsoring Marshal must assure that the youth is always with a
warranted marshal on the range (they can never be alone running the range)

As I have posted prior, I am still working to the get "blue" pages to have a
Youth roster to support our program. This is out of our control at this
point since we have no control over the EM pages. I'm thinking maybe in the
interim, I can work with Master Jonathas to see if there is a way to get a
roster up on the Atlantian pages. I don't want this to stop progress, so
please if you have others you would like to sponsor, send me their
information along with the sponsoring marshal's information and I will keep
track informally for now.

I'm very excited and am hopeful we can fill the ranks with some very special
youth marshals!