[Archers] From the SCA-Announcement list

Fen & Michelle mobishob at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 06:29:52 PST 2012

Well that brings up another point - Atlantia's archery program is a child of the East. I remember my first Pennsic as a newcomer, talking with a new Eastern archer about how his shooting went that day. He was going over errors he had made, and just as I was thinking of the proper advice to correct his form, he would finish my thought for me. Thats when it occured to me that our archery progam is a mirror of the East. Really made me realize how much we owe people (like Earl Mika) who brought the East's traditions to Atlantia, and those here who ran with it and made it the powerhouse it is today.

But thats just the East and Atlantia. We have vibrant archery communities, but we may be ahead of the curve. It may take more time for the rest of the Known World to catch up to us :)

Sorry to ramble, I just don't want us to get down on ourselves or lose faith. There are many of you that already exemplify the traits of a Knight and deserve such recognition - know that the rest of us do appreciate and respect all the work you have put into this crazy-fun world that has become known as Atlantian Archery.

Cheers
Fen

Atlantian Archery. Nothing exists within 100 yards without our permission.