[Archers] Mine at Pennsic

Garth Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Mon Mar 5 07:40:37 PST 2012

M'Lord Christophe,

I think it is not the idea that the ground would actually collapse under
someone. Mine subsidence is often a slow process, until a huge slip
happens that eats a house or something. But as you note, there could be
both shallow sags and deep shafts that are potential fall areas. Your
experiment with the stone certainly confirms the danger (I wasn't going
anywhere near the edge of those roped off areas!). If we were booted off
because the area is unsafe, then why are the heavies allowed to play up
there? Sounds almost like a government program to me. :~)  Seriously,
the Coopers are taking a big liability risk allowing anyone on the hill
when there are known hazards.

I will be happy to play on flatter ground, even if it is a long way off
(something we should be used to, being so often banished to the Siberia
of most event sites).

Yours Aye,

Mungo