[Archers] Need Marshals

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Mon Mar 26 07:38:57 PDT 2012

Greetings awesome Marshals of Atlantia.

While you are making plans for our Prize shoot, I want you to keep in mind the Pennsic range needs for the entire two weeks.  If you're an Atlantian Target Archery Marshal and you are going to Pennsic, I fully expect you will volunteer a couple of hours at the Range.  (Many hands, make lite work.)

They will need help with set-up, take-down, running the various shooting lines, help with war points, kids/family range, inspections, Champion's shoot, etc.

If you're an MiT or a relatively new marshal, I strongly suggest you do a few shifts at Pennsic doing nothing but inspections.  You will see the oddest things.  Make sure you are aware of Society Rules for target archery, not just Atlantian rules (which you should be anyway.)  Remember, it is OKAY to ask a senior marshal if you are unsure of something, and you will be, believe me.  Weirdness.

Also, to my senior marshals, please consider volunteering a couple of hours as a Range Marshal.  Typically there are two Range Marshals, from opposing sides, present on the range AT ALL TIMES.  This means you are expected to be comfortable with ALL aspects of running that big range, including emergency response procedures, etc.

Please give me a holler if you have any questions, or discuss things on this list.