[Archers] New Pelicans for Archery

Fen & Michelle mobishob at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 4 10:23:05 PDT 2012

I'm still in awe of testimonials to their character presented at Court, but I would like to add my own here - not as a peer or coronet but as a peasant and relative newcomer to Atlantia and archery. I know that both gentles are already recognized in Atlantia's leadership circles for their contributions to Crown and Kingdom, but I believe its equally important to recognize the quiet sacrifices they make for the least amoung us. In the 5 years I have known them, several instances come to mind, but I want to touch on the two that impressed me the most:

For Baron Jonathas, it was when he was leading a group "brainstorm" on a new archery challenge. After several days of back-and-forth, we came up with some good ideas. But it was Jonathas who had all the best ones, and who seamed it all together into a fun archery package. We tried to get him to take credit for it since he did most the work, but he refused. He preferred to gift that bit of glory to the local marshal. See, it wasn't just that he was practicing humility, he was thinking beyond that, almost reflexively, on how it could be transferred to those people who don't usually get spotlighted, to motivate them and increase their morale.

For Baron Siegfried, it was his example of Patience, Tolerance and Mercy in the face of a rather caustic argument I had with him here about Autocrats carving out our range safety fans. I was still relatively new, and was hotheaded ignorant and insulting. He could have easily crucified me publicly, but chose not to. Instead, he carefully led me through Kingdom Law and gently corrected my ignorance. And months later, he made himself available (despite his already hectic Baronial workload) to advise me on how to best handle some local branch politics, and with good results.

For me, one mark of a Peer is how he treats the least amoung us - the ones that can be dismissed without consequence. Both these fine gentles have always treated us "peasants" as if we were their own Prince or Duke.  And they have comported themselves with such Grace that I honestly already thought they were Peers. The ceremony at Highland River Melee's simply made official what was already known, as it should be. Vivat to both of you! Thank you for all the hard work (most of which we are hardly aware) and for the example you have set to inspire the rest of us.

Cheers
Fen

Atlantian Archery. Nothing exists within 100 yards without our permission.