[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 106, Issue 1

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 1 19:33:56 PDT 2012

Nuala and Geoffrey (now decamped to NYC!) are fine but Nuala will be forever traumatized by being caught in a wind shear in her car at 10:38 friday night and practically trapped between falling trees and power lines. American University Park in DC at 45th and Mass (1 blk from our house) got 5 huge trees down in one block -- looks like a tornado went through. At least 20 trees down in a four block radius. We set up Storvik novice for archery on friday in 104 degree temps, went back in the am and had to chain saw through 2 trees to get to the site, where people had camped. All well there except a narrow miss for Lady Tibbie who was hiding under a picnic table when a tree fell on and destroyed her tent. Whew. Archery and the entire event cancelled, sad for Storvik, but very happy all are well and unhurt. That's the report.

Message: 1