[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 106, Issue 65

Michael michaelstuart at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 12:46:35 PDT 2012

72 arrows at 70 meters*? I would love that! But I'm glad to see their
target face is twice the diameter of the ones we use for Royal Rounds:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archery_Olympic_Round
I like how they pair archers by a qualifying round and then have them
alternate shots with a 40 second limit per shot. That would be
relatively spectator friendly, if slow. The tie breaker process is
also well thought out. And even though it sounds like a lot, it's less
than 2 Royal Rounds back to back, though the arrow retrieval could
take a while. Maybe shoot 12 or even 18 arrows before retrieving? Only
a handful of us (and you know who you are) would have to worry about
Robin Hooding at that distance.

*I ran it through a converter for kicks and that's 76 yards, 19.9
inches distance. Not quite a clout shoot, but still clearly farther
than where we usually are shooting.

Eirik