[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 100, Issue 19

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Fri Jan 13 12:42:39 PST 2012

I've always wanted to do a shot where the archer had to shoot through a tube
to hit the target.  Our driveway crosses over a spring fed creek that runs
through our property.  The culvert going under the drive is a cement pipe
about 4 feet in diameter.  After a couple of years of "really, really
wanting" to shoot an arrow through the culvert, I finally did.  It turned
out much better than I thought an really fed my want for the pipe shot.

Now being who I am I have perverted that idea one more step.  Picture a 12
inch section of about 8 inch diameter PVC pipe rotating horizontally.  The
archer has to shoot through the rotating pipe to hit the target behind it.
The difficulty is to figure out how to make this target such that the archer
could not shoot around the pipe but instead can only shoot through the pipe
to score on the target.

Just saying,
cog