[Archers] Gulf Wars request

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Tue Jan 24 05:36:54 PST 2012

Atlantian archers,

The MIC for archery at Gulf Wars this year is in a fix.  Seems the person
who had volunteered to run the Grand Exhibition Tournament, GET, is unable
to attend GW this year.  If you do not know about the GET it is a tournament
of the best archers from each attending kingdom shooting in front of the
fort for the purpose of putting on a competition display for the populace.
This is an excellent way to promote archery within the SCA.  They are
looking for another person to run the GET.  If you are attending and would
like to use this opportunity to show the southern kingdoms how Atlantia puts
on a shoot let me know and I will put you in contact with the archery MIC.

I would step up but I coach kid's ice hockey teams and we have a tournament
in Maryland the first weekend of GW.  The logistics of being in Maryland
then Gulf Wars is just too much.

cog