[Archers] Archery Practice Sunday

Garth Groff ggg9y at virginia.edu
Tue Jan 17 07:07:43 PST 2012

Noble friends,

Yes, the Canton of Caer Gelynniog and the Shire of Isenfir will finally
resume their joint archery practice this Sunday at Sir Corby and
Mistress Thjora's house in Troy ( directions:
http://www.isenfir.org/directions/CorbyThjora.php ). Weather is now
predicted for cloudy, but no rain, 56 degrees, and little wind--perfect
for archery. Inspections and issuing loaner gear will begin at 1 p.m.
Our first target is scheduled for 1:45: a small bullseye suspended on
ropes that dances around when hit; a tricky and very devious target.
Fabulous prizes will be awarded to the top adult and youth archers. Be
sure to arrive on time, since no inspections can take place once the
prize shoot begins. After a short break for any late inspections/loaner
gear, we will resume shooting with the Royal Round (for you newcomers,
that's six arrows each at 20-30-40 yards, plus a 30-second timed shoot
at 20 yards). A 10-yard target will be provided for youngsters. We will
close the range about 4 p.m., and adjourn to the house for a pot-luck
feast. Lady Sarah is cooking up a vegetarian stew over rice. Side dishes
or desserts are welcome Heavy fighting practice, costume work, and
socializing will also be available if you aren't an archer.

Yours Aye,

Lord Mungo Napier, Shire of Isenfir TA Marshal