[Archers] Fwd: Re: Hugh Soar's CROOKED STICK

barysears barysears at verizon.net
Sun Jan 8 16:52:26 PST 2012

Forwarded by request.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [Archers] Hugh Soar's CROOKED STICK
Date: 	Sun, 08 Jan 2012 16:13:18 -0500
From: 	Garth G. Groff <ggg9y at cms.mail.virginia.edu>
To: 	barysears at verizon.net

M'Lord Barre,

I can't post to the whole group because my computer at home is not
recognized. This is what I sent to Lord Tnek:

"Check pages 106 and 159 for specific references. In addition check Soar's
interpretation of the left-handed child's finger tab on pages 127-128, with
a picture on page 129." By way of explanation, if you don't have the book,
the child's tab was APPARENTLY made for a left-hand archer, with the smooth
side of the leather toward the string. Yet the side that was used is the
rough side, suggesting that the tab was reversed and used right-handed. Soar
speculates that the child was "corrected" by his archery teacher.

Yours Aye,

Mungo