[Archers] archery peerage

Fen & Michelle mobishob at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 17 17:13:58 PST 2012

I don't think its new, just a correction to what the Yew Bow recognizes.  As I understand it, there has always been a service component.

Which brings up another point - the Chivalry has always said that, while are there are several things they look for in a candidate, they prefer not to use a checklist type format.  Some fighters may possess all the desired attributes of such a "list" but still not qualify as a squire. Its a very subjective process, deliberately so.  We may want our own peerage to be like that, so people don't just assume they simply need to put a check in each box to qualify.

Also, is there really anything that prevents an archer from asking to squire out to a knight now?  Granted, you will prob never be elevated, but you could be a sponge and soak up all the knowledge for the archery community to put to use. And it would make a strong point.  I still firmly believe that our first generation of peers should be well-schooled in chivlary, the seven virtues, history, dance, chess, etc... just like that martial peers are. So they can pass that standard on to whoever they squire. There needs to be an aspect of "The Dream" to it or it will go off the path.

But the Chiv has changed alot since I played heavy weaps in the 80s. I think Jonathas is an active squire, he could prob speak on the matter better than me and discuss whether any of this squire training would transfer well into an archery peerage.

Cheers
Fen

Atlantian Archery. Nothing exists within 100 yards without our permission.