[Archers] Inter-Kingdom Guild?

loreleielkins at aol.com loreleielkins at aol.com
Wed Feb 22 17:03:09 PST 2012

I'm forwarding this from the SCA-Archery list in case it is of interest to anyone NOT on that list.  Jump to that list if you'd like to comment.

Good gentles and friends all,
Someone on here mentioned the idea of an Interkingdom Guild for Archery and I have not been able to stop thinking about the possibilities of it.  I honestly think one of the reasons that the rapier community has been able to move itself ahead is the unity of the White Scarf.  While only 12 of 19 Kingdoms take part in the WS, I think it placed the community in a unified mindset to be able to meet its goals.  While this is not an option for the archery community, as awards are widely variant across the Knowne World, I do think a guild which the common goal and starting point of promoting archery in the Society would be extremely helpful.  Hopefully such a group could work together to meet such goals and work to assist individual Kingdoms meeting the goal of advancing archery in their Kingdoms.  I would like to start by proposing the name "Inter-Kingdom Guild of Archers and Bowman.)
What does everyone think?

In the service of archery,
Baron Gryfyn de Moyon
Peregrine Springs, Darkwater, Trimaris