[Archers] Archers Digest, Vol 101, Issue 32

Jamie Frailey jamie at designbyfive.com
Thu Feb 16 13:38:52 PST 2012

"But I think the point that most accomplished archers make their own arrows,
strings, quivers and arm guards versus most heavies that buy all their
armor, weapons and shields is not really a fair comparison.  Not arguing for
or against, just pointing out some things that stand out to me."

I Agree! But it isn't period. I think there are many of us that could adapt to period style equipment and do pretty well. But as long as we are critical of rattan we need to remember our bows are store bought (not everyone) and don't really resemble medieval bows.

I think the point of all this is no matter where we get are gear and what we shoot with we do not have a peerage home for the art off archery and shooting. We do have a place to strive for the art of creating but not being an awesome skilled archer.

Seamus.

On Feb 16, 2012, at 4:27 PM, archers-request at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org wrote:

> But I think the point that most accomplished archers make their own arrows,
> strings, quivers and arm guards versus most heavies that buy all their
> armor, weapons and shields is not really a fair comparison.  Not arguing for
> or against, just pointing out some things that stand out to me.

Regards,

Jamie Frailey
jamie at designbyfive.com

c. 443.834.8141