[Archers] Atl Atl Rules

Jessica Mulligan slaoen at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 07:23:59 PST 2012

I don't personally do atl atl, but we have a lot of them at Wolfhou these days.  We had 5 or 6 people throwing atl atl yesterday.  Allen has a couple old excelsior bales set up a few feet next to the normal targets and if we only have a couple people throwing they throw on the same line as the rest of us, we just place them all at the end of the line facing the bales.  We don't have an actual target face on the bales, they just usually aim for center mass, and when we're doing royals they change distance with us, though there are probably only two people who can hit the target from 40 yards.  Allen's got another pile of old excelsior bales next to the thrown weapons targets, which is where the atl atl throwers were throwing yesterday, but they only had about 20 yards to work with.

I think Siegfried has a good idea with setting the royal round atl atl target 10 yards closer to the line; this would make it more likely that the throwers could actually score, would make it safer for the shooters' arrows, and allow everyone to move together.

Sanada Katsumi