[Archers] Marsahl's Warrant Cards

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Fri Dec 7 19:50:18 PST 2012

Good evening everyone, I wanted to let everyone know that those of you that
attended the Archery session at Unevent have been updated for your marshal's
class by Baron Vlad. As I stated in our session I am currently working on
Marshal's cards for our Warranted Marshals and MiTs in the Kingdom. I have
the database completed and the cards ready to print. I will laminate them
and start mailing and distributing them in the next few weeks. They will be
good for 3 years at a time for Warranted Marshal's and be white in color.
They will state what type of marshal you are (Deputy Knights Marshal,
Regional, DEM, etc.) and also list if you are a teaching Marshal or not. For
MiT's I gave you a Holiday present, I set your timers back and the cards
issue date is 1 December 2012 and will expire in one year as our new policy
for MiTs states. You must complete your MiT progress in one year or start
over unless there are circumstances you discuss with me and I approve. This
is necessary to assure the MiT's stay updated and current. The MiT cards
will be yellow in color.

For those of you that were not at Unevent, Sir Otto asked us archers to
proceed on with our Warrant cards while they complete the rest of their
planning for the Kingdom level warrant cards. The word we heard was that the
Earl Marshal is looking to instate Warrant cards in the Kingdom that would
show what disciplines each marshal is warranted to participate in. There was
also talk about additional classes for non heavy marshals to assure they
understand how to MIC an event if need be that has Heavy and Rapier
activities as well as archery. I want to caution our Archery Marshals that
if you are not comfortable with being 100% sure you can officiate an event
as MIC that includes other disciplines other than Archery, it is okay and
the smart move to not accept the MIC role. Last we want to do is cause grief
at an event because bad calls were made due to unfamiliarity with the other
disciplines. There are many of us that participate in Combat archery that
are authorized as Heavy's and have taken Field Marshal 201 so we could also
become Combat Archery Marshals.