[Archers] Youth Archery Marshal Program

Janyn Fletcher janynfletcher at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 13:13:07 PDT 2012

Youth Marshal's Barre not archers

From: archers-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
[mailto:archers-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org] On Behalf Of barysears
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2012 6:24 PM
To: archers at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
Subject: Re: [Archers] Youth Archery Marshal Program

youth archers have to MIT?  Is that a requirement of adult archers as well?

barre

On 8/16/2012 5:46 PM, Jay Nardone wrote:

Brothers and Sisters of the Bow, I want to announce that we have now started
a Youth Target Archery Marshal's program in Atlantia. This has been in the
works for awhile and we now have things in place. Here are the details:

*	Be 15 years or older
*	Take the MiT class
*	Complete all MiT requirements
*	Have a sponsor/mentor who is not his/her parent, who is an
experienced warranted target archery marshal (approved by the DEM)
*	MiTs at least twice a year to keep his/her skills sharp
*	Is never on range alone - (can run the line but not the range)
*	Defers decisions about inspections, etc, to adult marshals
*	Is under the supervision of warranted marshal while on the range.
*	When they turn 18, they are a fully warranted Atlantian target
archery marshal
*	The DEM reserves the right to suspend Youth Marshal privileged for
an individual if need be.
*	The Youth Marshal's mentor shall give regular updates on their
progress to DEM.

Here is the link to the page with info as well:

http://archery.atlantia.sca.org/youth.html

I am working to have another "blue" page added for Youth Marshal's but in
the mean time I will just have to keep track. If anyone is interested please
make sure you follow the rules and get your mentors to let me know.