[Archers] Archery Tournament at Coronation

Kent Baldwin whitegrifn at aol.com
Thu Aug 16 19:33:59 PDT 2012

Greetings All,

As was discussed on the list before Pennsic, His Highness has requested that
a Team Archery Tournament be held at their Coronation.  I will be the MIC,
and I spoke with His Highness about it briefly at Pennsic.  The Tournament
will be for teams of two archers, preferably one experienced archer and one
of lesser experience.  As much as possible, the shoots will be designed so
that both team members will need to contribute in order to get a high score.

In order to allow archers to select teammates in advance, if they wish, here
are the team guidelines:  When possible, the Official Royal Round Rankings
will be used to determine the relative skill levels of the archers.  For
archers who do not have a ranking, I will do my best to assign an
appropriate level, based on a brief interview of the archer.  A point value
will be assigned to each archer as follows: Novice - 1, Archer - 2, Marksman
- 3, Bowman - 4, Bowman Elite - 5, Grand Bowman Elite - 6.  The combined
point value of each team shall not exceed 7.  Therefore, a Grand Bowman
Elite must team with a Novice, a Bowman Elite may team with a Novice or
Archer, etc.  If you are not sure of your ranking, check the Archery Scores
website at http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_official.php?R=2
<http://www.scores-sca.org/public/scores_official.php?R=2&Shoot=2%20%20%20%2
0> &Shoot=2

These guidelines are not set in stone and I reserve the right to allow
exceptions to the guidelines as necessary.  If you wish to participate in
the tournament, and have trouble finding someone to team with under the
guidelines, we will find a way to help you.

Lord Leofric and I are working on targets, but as he mentioned previously,
we could use some help to make sure we have enough.  From what I have heard,
I expect to have a fairly large turnout for the shoot, and we want to have
enough stations to prevent long waits (and to make a more interesting
shoot). If any one is interested in providing one of the target stations,
please let me know.  It doesn't have to be elaborate or complicated, as long
as we can come up with a way to score it in a manner keeping with the team
concept.

We may also need a couple of additional marshals to assist with running some
of the stations.  I expect that we will be able to rotate marshaling duties,
and allow the assisting marshals to participate in the tournament as well.
Please let me know if you would like to help.

Sir Tnek the Ainissestor