[Archers] Recommendation

Jay Nardone jaynardone at comcast.net
Mon Apr 9 13:38:58 PDT 2012

COG, you raised this in a previous post and I didn't get a chance to respond
but I agree with you completely! Since we are archers and you would think
that our awards should be tied to some sort of skill along with other
aspects, this only makes sense. If a candidate is providing service, I would
think it would fall under an Opal vise our other archery awards which are
more mainstream for archery skill and effort. I seem to remember Lord Mors
getting his Opal last year for Archery events and his service in planning
and executing them. That makes perfect sense to me. Another area I think we
are greatly lacking in is supporting our own who teach our marshal skills.
Do you realize the last archer recognized with the Sea Stag was Gregg back
in 2000! This is sad really because I know there are many who are teaching
at every university, at events, at Pennsic, etc but obviously are not being
supported by our own for awards that are "out of the box" for us. This ties
back to our discussions about peerage or support with the Laurel, but if we
archers don't change our mindset about supporting our own, then we have no
others to blame.