[Archers] Recommendation

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Thu Apr 5 06:07:41 PDT 2012

Janyn brings up and interesting point.  The first induction I witnessed into
the Order of the Yewbow was at a Kingdom Champion Shoot.  I went up to the
individual after court and congratulated him.  His response was "it
certainly wasn't for my shooting, probably for my promotion and service to
the archery community".  So Janyn's point of a displayed proficiency with
bow versus service to the archery community becomes the question.

>From the Atlantian list of awards, for the Missilier "Honors and recognizes
those subjects who have distinguished themselves by their effort with bow
and arrow  ".  That would mean to me that Janyn's comment is valid.  What
then would be the "proper" award for an individual who has performed great
service to the Atlantian archery community, which I know firsthand and
believe this individual has done?  Again from the Atlantian award site
"Honors and recognizes those subjects of the Kingdom who have distinguished
themselves by their service to Atlantia.  ", for the Opal.

So would not an Opal be more appropriate in absence of a certain level of
expertise as evidenced by a Royal Round award/score?

Just my two cents worth,

CJg