[Archers] Pennsic Archery - Shifts

John Atkins cogworks at triad.rr.com
Sun Oct 30 08:25:41 PDT 2011

Not having read through all the possible posts on this issue yet, gone
for one weekend and it "snowed" in my email box!, my intent is to work
the Atlantian Novelty shoot as I did last year - I will marshal and
support as much as needed even if it means I don't get to shoot (like
last year, I only shot a couple of selected/interesting stations - not
that they all were not interesting.....).  My thought/hope is that by
doing this shoot Atlantia can, ONCE AGAIN, lead the way for SCA archery
by showing the known world how to really put on an interesting, fun
shoot for all archers.  My hope is that some day we actually get out
competed for the privilege of hosting this shoot at Pennsic.  On that
day/year, we all get to shoot 'cuz we aren't the ones running it!

As for the Lockmere Arrow I have a simple solution as previously hinted
to by Lorelei.  The Canton of Crois Brigte will simply "Borg", as in
assimilate, the barony that hosts the Lockmere Arrow and you can hold it
at the Elcken Castle site.  Seldom do we get enough snow to NOT shoot
archery, the shoot is still conducted on the hosting barony's lands -
now part of Crois Britge, and Crois Brigte gets to grow and have more
troops for War of the Wings!  Sounds like a totally workable solution to
those of us in Crois Borg.........uhhhh........Crois Brigte.
hahahahaha

Here to help,
cog