[Archers] Saint Sebastian's Prize targets

Janyn Fletcher janynfletcher at comcast.net
Fri May 6 18:40:19 PDT 2011

Sounds great Holly!

Janyn

From: archers-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org
[mailto:archers-bounces at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org] On Behalf Of Holly
Gibbons
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 1:33 PM
To: archers at seahorse.atlantia.sca.org; PennsicArcheryNovelty at yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Archers] Saint Sebastian's Prize targets

Greetings, Janyn!

I'm so glad you are gathering the forces for the Saint Sebastian's Prize
shoot! I had feared our little novelty shoot had gotten forgotten on the
list in the storm of interest in cog's KWAC.

We are bringing a koosh ball target, as big as we can get in the trailer, of
a medieval octopus monster. It will be a good one to shoot at 20 -25 yards,
no closer. There will also be a few ground targets of the same ilk to place
closer in. After I paint him, I'll send a picture and what I think might be
a good scoring for the target. Have you decided on a max pts. per target
yet? That might help in designing the scoring and even in painting the
target.

I was also thinking of painting a set of cardboard target faces that could
be used on the advancing warrior butts (and please remind me how many of
those butts there were?) That way I am hauling painted cardboard but not the
entire target. My trailer is already so full and the octopus will take up
quite a bit of space! These faces would be monsters from the marginalia of
medieval manuscripts, like dragons with human heads and people with fish
heads. etc. Let me know if you think that is a good idea.

Geoffrey and I will both marshal, and if Breccan gets his paperwork
together, he'll marshal too, or at least be an m.i.t.

Nuala