[Archers] Saint Sebastian's Prize targets

Holly Gibbons holly0920 at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 10:33:27 PDT 2011

Greetings, Janyn!

I'm so glad you are gathering the forces for the Saint Sebastian's Prize shoot!
I had feared our little novelty shoot had gotten forgotten on the list in the
storm of interest in cog's KWAC.

We are bringing a koosh ball target, as big as we can get in the trailer, of a
medieval octopus monster. It will be a good one to shoot at 20 -25 yards, no
closer. There will also be a few ground targets of the same ilk to place closer
in. After I paint him, I'll send a picture and what I think might be a good
scoring for the target. Have you decided on a max pts. per target yet? That
might help in designing the scoring and even in painting the target.

I was also thinking of painting a set of cardboard target faces that could be
used on the advancing warrior butts (and please remind me how many of those
butts there were?) That way I am hauling painted cardboard but not the entire
target. My trailer is already so full and the octopus will take up quite a bit
of space! These faces would be monsters from the marginalia of medieval
manuscripts, like dragons with human heads and people with fish heads. etc. Let
me know if you think that is a good idea.

Geoffrey and I will both marshal, and if Breccan gets his paperwork together,
he'll marshal too, or at least be an m.i.t.
Nuala