[Archers] Open challenge for H-o-r-s-e

Gordon Kinnie am_piobaire at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 15:28:29 PDT 2011

Challenge to all archers within and outside the Kingdom of Atlantia who use
a period handbow and any other takers.

A test of accuracy and form using this summers challenge "HORSE".

Accuracy

One target with three concentric circles.

Outside circle 6 inches in dia.

Next circle 3 inches in dia.

Inside circle 1.5 inches in dia.

Range 20 yards.

Form

You may only use three arrows at a time.

After shooting three arrows or completing the current letter you must
retrieve your arrows. (you move and reset your form)

The game

H - 1 arrow in the 6 inch circle

O - 2 arrows in the 6 inch circle

R - 1 arrow in the 3 inch circle

S - 2 arrows in the 3 inch circle

E - 1 Arrow in the 1.5 inch circle

Must be shot in order, this is archery not yatzee.

Score total number of arrows required to complete the challenge.

Count each shot.

I freely offer this challenge to all and will except or offer a small drink
of some brewed beverage to any that think they have what it takes.

It must be completed before SAAD, as I will need plenty to drink while
visiting the south.

Godai Katsunaga

Companion of the Yew Bow, A King's Missilier

Companion of Job, Augean Stables and the Golden Shell